Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sibs

This one time, years ago, I got on onto an elevator with my brother.

I absentmindedly pressed a button, assuming the button I was pressing was for the “close door” button. And the damnest thing happened- the door won’t just shut. The more I pressed it, the longer the door won’t shut. I totally freaked. I was all like “Holy shit! This elevator is broken! OMG!! WE ARE GOING TO PLUMMET TO OUR DEATHS!!!!”

My brother then calmly reached over and pressed the “close door” button. It turns out that for the last half a second or something I was pressing the “open door” button and freaked out for no apparent reason. My brother then looked at me dead in the face and said ;

“And to think mom and dad have such high hopes for you….”

Ass.

This story has no point really other then fact that I miss him.

That’s all.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! This is totally something I would do. Usually with any door, if there's three possible scenarios; you pull or you push or it's locked or it's open - I will try all of them before I open that thing. :)

Anonymous said...

Lifts are frightening at the best of times never at ease in those things, claustrophobia, fear of falling, fear of the thing just stopping, fear of Mel Gibson dropping in through the roof you name it every human fear is found there.

Peter Varvel said...

Ha ha ha ha ha! Very funny.
Intelligent people can have trouble functioning in the real world, too (I should know).
OMG, what an adorable photo! You and your brother when you were young, yes? :)