Saturday, May 05, 2007

The Tell Tale Heart in KLpac





I went to KLpac (click on the link) the other day to catch the stage adaptation of Edgar Allan Poe's The Tell Tale Heart. Its actually pretty cool. For those of you who does not know what the story is about, lemme just summarize the whole thing for you:

A manservant killed his employer by chopping him up to little pieces and then placing the heart under the floorboard of the employer's bedroom. The horror in the story lies in the way in which the manservant would latter tell the story to audience: without remorse and with abundance of off-the-wall insanity. A the end of the story, the audience could still hear the heart beating under the floorboard


I know the story because I have read it a couple of years ago but getting to watch it live on stage is pretty cool. Especially in this case, the play isn't you standard traditional play. Its a... how did they describe it? Right.... "progressive, experimental theatre". Combining 3 elements of the media: theatre, video and music, together. Apparently its all very artsy fartsy and super intellectual. I can't say that I enjoy it thoroughly because well, I'm not artsy fartsy and super intellectual but I must admit that it is a new experience for me.

And for kicks I'm just added in pictures of the beautiful KLpac, and Nevina and I.

No comments: